Who Are We?
Our services are provided through the law firm of Lyon, Gorsky & Gilbert L.L.P. Please visit our law firm’s website.
What Do We Provide?
- Simple Will – A will is a legal instrument which states how the testator’s property is to be distributed at death. A valid will avoids many of the problems that may arise from dying without a will and allows a person to leave property to the persons he or she desires.
- Directive to Physicians – This instrument allows the declarant to instruct his or her physician to withhold or withdraw artificial life-sustaining procedures in the event of a terminal or irreversible condition.
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care – This instrument grants the agent the power to make health care decisions for the principal if he or she is unable to make them.
- Statutory Durable Power of Attorney – This instrument grants authority to a designated agent to manage the principal’s property on his or her behalf. The principal can either grant the age one or more specific powers or grant the agent all of the powers listed in the Durable Power of Attorney. Additionally, the principal can elect to have the Durable Power of Attorney become effective immediately upon signing it or only upon the principal’s future disability or incapacity.
- Information Concerning the Durable Power of Attorney – This instrument explains the Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care.
How Much Does It Cost?
- $325 per person or $500 for a person and their spouse or partner.
Where Do I Execute The Documents?
- You can choose to visit our office (a notary public and witnesses will be provided), or
- We’ll mail you the documents with easy to follow signing instructions.
How Will I Know If I Need More Than A Simple Will?
Your personal needs, including the value of your estate may necessitate the preparation of a more complex will or trust. For further information and services, please call our office at 214-965-0090 or toll free 1-888-711-2583.
Do You Provide Sophisticated Estate Planning Or Tax Avoidance Advice?
No, but if you need such a service, we can recommend an experienced attorney in the field of estate planning.
What If I Don’t Want To Process And/Or Pay Online?
You are welcome to conduct all communications with our firm by mail and telephone. You will deal directly with a legal assistant and an attorney.
More On Texas Wills And Probate:
A will is a legal instrument which states how the testator’s property is to be distributed at death. A valid will avoids many of the problems that may arise from dying without a will and allows a person to leave property to the persons he or she desires.
When a person dies without a will, the law determines who are the heirs. You don’t want the state determining who receives your property. Dying without a will may trigger undesired results and unexpected costs and delays.
For a typewritten will to be valid, it must meet three requirements:
- be signed by the testator or another person at his or her direction and in his or her presence;
- be attested by two credible witnesses above the age of 14; and
- be signed by the witnesses in the presence of the testator.
How Do I Get Started?
For individuals, just fill out the simple will questionnaire and follow the easy steps to completion.
For organizations, login to fill out the simple will questionnaire.
A draft of your Will will be mailed to you within ten days. Corrections will be made before you come to our office to sign it or before the final documents are mailed to you.
If medical or travel circumstances require that you receive the documents in less than ten (10) days, we’ll make every effort to accommodate your request.
Lyon, Gorsky & Gilbert L.L.P.
CBS Tower 12001 N. Central Expressway, Suite 650
Dallas, Texas 75243
214.965.0090 or Toll Free 888.711.2583
A Partnership Including A Professional Corporation