Home – Who We Serve – Divorce Financial Planning & Analysis
Divorce Financial Planning & Analysis
Divorce Financial Planning & Analysis
Divorce is a very emotional, challenging, and costly process. It not only has a devastating emotional impact on you, your spouse, and your family but a considerable financial impact as well.
Many divorcing couples have questions such as:
- How do we value our property?
- Who gets what property?
- What tax issues must we be concerned with?
- How do we divide retirement funds and pensions?
- How will the lower-earning spouse survive financially?
- What additional financial support does that person need?
- Who gets the house?
- What happens if a paying ex-spouse dies?
- Where will the children live?
- Who will pay for their education and medical treatment?
At EagleStone, we believe that consulting financial professionals for assistance in analyzing the financial consequences that can result from a divorce is critical. Concerns such as identifying and dividing property, alimony and child support benefits, dividing assets, analyzing tax consequences, debt and loan issues, and monthly income needs should be carefully examined to determine if an individual will be able to survive financially post-divorce.
Our team includes a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®), Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), and Certified Financial Planners® (CFPs) who are trained in divorce financial planning and can help you understand and evaluate the financial impact of your particular situation. Our experienced strategists take the time to help you understand how the financial decisions you make today will impact your finances now and in the future.
We collaborate with all parties involved including divorce lawyers and divorce mediators. We address all the financial intricacies of divorce to provide you and your team with the information you need to make informed decisions to achieve a financially fair settlement. We leave the law to attorneys and mediators specialized in family law, and we support them and you with expertise in financial matters.
Certified Divorce Financial Analyst Expertise
A Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®) is a professional who comes from an accounting, financial planning or legal background and goes through an intensive training program to become skilled in analyzing and providing expertise related to the financial issues of divorce. EagleStone’s Director of Tax & Accounting, Joseph Lager, is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
How a CDFA Professional Can Help You
A CDFA® works with one or both spouses to ensure the division of assets is fair and equitable when ending a marriage. We help you address the unique financial issues around divorce with data that can achieve more equitable settlements. Through the financial analysis process, we help your client think through the financial implications of divorce and develop a realistic picture of their financial situation as they move forward.
We can help you understand:
- Personal vs. Marital Property
- Valuing and Dividing Property
- Retirement Plans and Pensions
- Spousal and Child Support
- Splitting the House
- Tax Problems and Solutions
A CDFA Professional Is Trained To …
The benefits of working with a CDFA® include:
- Produce powerful case exhibits in the form of reports and graphical representations.
- Provide a rock-solid personal financial analysis for your future.
- Make sure you understand the specific short- and long-term impacts of different settlement proposals.
- Reduced liability by having in-depth financial research to support your case.
- Reliable expert witness testimony if your case goes to court.
Your life after divorce will depend heavily on your decisions during the divorce process. Be sure you have the right support team in place to maximize the outcome for all parties.
Learn more about the CDFA® designation here.
Join The Conversation